Freshly baked bread smells amazing. That’s why we are going to share some recipes for white and traditional bread that you can make in your bread machine.
One of the reasons that white bread is so popular is because it does not have as strong a taste as whole wheat breads.
While some people prefer the stronger taste, many people choose to eat white bread because they dislike the taste.
White bread also has less fiber than whole wheat bread, which means it is easier to digest.
Many people believe easy that white bread was healthier simply because it digests faster, even though the nutrient levels are lower in white bread.
White bread is also cheaper than other breads, so many people choose to buy it instead of whole wheat. As a result, more bakeries have been willing to increase their use of white bread as well.
Another reason that white bread is popular among consumers is that it has a longer shelf life than other breads. White bread can also be frozen and thawed without losing much of its taste.
So if you’re looking to make some delicious white bread in your oven, keep reading.
The recipes are easy to follow along with and the ingredients can be found easily at your local grocery store.
Best White Bread Recipe
This bread is both tasty and low in calories, and it’s easy to make.
- 4 ½ teaspoons of instant yeast
- 3 cups warm water
- Granulated sugar, ¼ cup
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 10 cups all-purpose flour
- Measure ¾ of a cup of warm water and add the yeast. Wait 5 minutes for it to dissolve.
- In a big bowl, mix the flour and sugar with the butter, salt, and warm water. Stir it really well.
- To make the dough, mix at low speeds. Or you can use a dough hook.
- When combining, gradually add the remaining 5 cups of all-purpose flour until the dough becomes tacky and soft. It should not be sticky. Always check the texture of the dough and add any additional flour if required. At this stage, add the prepared yeast.
- Keep kneading the dough until it becomes soft and the bowl sides are clean of any dough. This process might take about 8-10 minutes.
- Grease a bowl with butter. Put the dough in this bowl. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap.
- Leaving the contents in a draft-free environment will help the yeast work better. The bowl will rise to almost twice its size in about 50 minutes.
- Sprinkle some flour on a surface. Place the dough on it. To remove any air pockets, gently press the dough.
- Now that the dough is big, divide it in two and shape it into a rectangular shape. You can estimate how big a loaf of bread will be at this point. But the recommended size is 9*12 inches.
- Place the 2 rectangular shaped loaves in two separate oven pans and loosely cover the top.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit before placing the baking sheets inside.
- Brush the loaves of bread with melted butter as they rotate in the oven. The bread will turn a golden brown color after 30 minutes at a temperature of 195 degrees Fahrenheit. You can check the oven thermometer to get an exact temperature reading.
- When the loaves turn golden brown, take them out of the oven pan and brush them with more melted butter.
- Leave the loaves to cool for about 10 minutes before slicing them.
- Wrap them in plastic or an airtight material before placing them in the freezer or a kitchen drawer. Without freezing, freshly baked loaves have a shelf life of 5 days and 1 month in the freezer.
Serving; 2 9-inch loaves of bread
Preparation time; 20 minutes
Cooking time; 30-40 minutes, in oven temperatures of 195-200 degrees Fahrenheit.
You can make traditional white bread with this recipe below that has less ingredients.
Best Traditional White Bread Recipe
- 2 packages of active dry yeastWeight: 25 ounces per package
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 ½ cups room temperature water
- 3 tablespoons softened lard
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 6 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
- First, mix the yeast and sugar in warm water. Then add salt and lard.
- Put ½ cup of flour in your bowl. Stir it with a spoon. When the dough becomes soft and tacky, put it on the surface that is lightly floured.
- Keep kneading the dough until it becomes soft. This will help remove the air pockets. It may take up to 8 minutes.
- Sprinkle some cooking oil on a bowl surface. Place the dough on top of the oil and then cover it with a damp cloth or plastic material.
- Wait for the dough to rise. It may take up to an hour for it to double in size.
- Cut this dough and put it in pans. Cover the dough with a cloth. Let it rise. It will rise due to the yeast’s enzymes. Wait 40 minutes and then take it out of the pans and cut into pieces.
- You should preheat your oven to a temperature of 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- It will take about 30-40 minutes for bread to turn brown on the top. You can tell that it is ready if you tap the bottom of the loaf and it sounds hollow.
- Remove loaves from the pans and store them in a cool environment.
Serving; 2 9inch long loaves
Preparation time; 20 minutes
Cooking time; 30 minutes
Some helpful tips
- If you want your baked loaves to look their best, always let them cool down slowly in the oven. Quickly cooling them down can cause wrinkles on the surface of the loaves, which makes them look not as good.
- After the loaves are done, you need to let them cool for about 10-15 minutes. If you let them cool for too long, the bottom will be wet because of condensation. Make sure to put the loaves on a wire rack so they can cool evenly.
These recipes are easy. The bread will be tasty and you do not need a lot of money.
Plus, you have total control over the ingredients. You can customize the recipe by adding healthier ingredients if you are strict about your calorie intake.