How to make a cake using your bread maker
Some of you might have seen the cake setting on your bread machine and just wondered how you can bake cakes with your bread maker. Some people might have been too scared or not sure how to use it.
You may make a regular cake with your bread machine, right? The answer is yes, you can.
You can bake a cake in your bread machine, but there are some differences in the technique that you have to be aware of.
A batter bread setting, sometimes called a cake setting, is one that has been pre-programmed.
The batter bread option only finishes the batter, which you must subsequently pour into a baking dish and slide into the oven. You may choose this option or bake it in the oven afterwards; however, mixing batters isn’t difficult.
The “cake setting” accomplishes both of these tasks, and it also bakes the cake for you.
Recipes that include the phrase “cake setting” will be our specialties. You must also examine the flour you’re using. Second, you must consider what flour you’re working with.
If a recipe calls for cake flour, you may use all-purpose flour instead. Cake flour and cake mixes are other options.
Cake Baking Tips
If you are trying to make a chocolate chip cake, it can be easy to add the chocolate chips into the bread machine.
A fruit and nut dispenser is included on higher-end machines like the Breville, allowing you to add chocolate chips to the compartment.
Many bread machines don’t have a window. You shouldn’t open the lid to see what your cake looks like.
Patience is essential since if you do that, it will disrupt the temperature of the machine and even a small drop in temperature at the wrong time might cause your cake to not bake properly.
When it beeps, remove the cake from the pan and set it on a cooling rack. Serve it as is or decorate it with icing, sprinkles, chocolate chips, fruits, or anything else you choose.
Because bread machines bake cakes vertically, don’t be too shocked if yours is vertical. If you don’t like the way it looks, cut it into slices and build layers. It will also allow you to add filling between each layer.
Of course, you can always buy a horizontal bread machine, which will bake your cakes in a more traditional look.
Cakes baked in an oven or bread machine are more difficult to perfect.
It’s possible that they weren’t completely cooked, so it’s a good idea to use the wooden skewer test. Insert a wooden skewer or toothpick from the top of the cake and check for any cake crumbs.
If it doesn’t have any, wait another 10-20 minutes. A dried piece of spaghetti will do if you don’t have any toothpicks.
Now that we’ve covered the basics, let’s get to work on the bit: learning how to cook different types of cake.
Best Cake recipes for your bread maker
Red Velvet Cake Bread Machine Recipe
The red velvet is a beautiful and dramatic look. The red sponge is usually enhanced with white icing to highlight the color. You’ll be making a red velvet cake from a cake mix. Buttercream or cream cheese frosting is commonly used on red velvet cakes.
- One box of Red Velvet cake mix
- 1 cup of water/250 ml
- Three eggs lightly beaten
- ⅓ cup of vegetable oil/75 ml
- Take one cup of crushed strawberries and mix them with half a cup of sugar.
- Set it aside while the sugar dissolves and thickens into a paste-like substance. This is where you’ll use it between the cake layers.
- Take a measuring cup and fill it halfway with each ingredient in the baking pan in the same sequence as on the recipe.
- Choose Cake Cycle or batter Cycle: 1 pound and light crust from the machine’s settings.
- Between mixing and kneading, use a spatula to clean the sides of the dish and the paddles.
- After it’s done, perform the wooden toothpick test. If it’s ready, leave it alone to cool; otherwise, bake it for another 10-20 minutes.
Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
- 1 cup of softened cream cheese (8 ounces/225 grams)
- 1 lb confectioners’ sugar, sifted (4 cups/455 grams)
- ½ a cup of unsalted butter, softened (1 stick/4 ounces/115 gram) or Mascarpone cheese at room temperature (65 to 67 degree Fahrenheit)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Get a medium mixing bowl and beat the cream cheese until smooth in it.
- Slowly pour in sugar while mixing until it has fluffy peaks.
- Add vanilla extract
- If you wish to modify the form of the cake, follow these steps: Cut it as desired, then apply icing.
- Simply combine the cookies or brownies with the filling, frosting, and toppings of your choice. You may also top it off with another layer of icing if you like.
Pound Cake Recipe
A traditional dessert that is impossible to go wrong with. Tea and coffee time are the best occasions to eat it..
- Three large eggs, beaten
- ⅓ cup of milk
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Place all of the ingredients in the pan in the same order as specified in the recipe.
- Choose the cake setting, 1 pound, light crust setting.
Cake Bread Recipe
This is a combination of both cake and bread ingredients. It can be served at breakfast or at tea time. You can serve it with jam, jellies, butter, or even just plain!
- 1 ¼ cup of water 110 degrees F/43 degree C
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 2 ½ cup of bread flour
- 1 cup of yellow cake mix
- 1 tsp rapid rise yeast
- In a mixing dish, combine the items in the same manner as described in this recipe or by your manufacturer.
- This time, choose the white bread cycle rather than the cake cycle.
- 1.5 loaf and crust should be medium.
- You can eliminate the toothpick from this recipe, but if you’re still unsure, perform the test.
- When baked properly, set it on a cooling rack and serve with jam, jellies, butter, or simply.
Chocolate Cake Recipe
A classic chocolate cake that everyone loves and enjoys.
- ½ a cup of water
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup of vegetable oil
- ¼ cup of unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp of baking powder
- 1 cup of sugar
- 7 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa
- ½ cup of chocolate chips
- Add the ingredients as directed by your bread machine.
- If you have a fruit and nut dispenser or an audible beep that allows you to add chocolate chips in the middle, use it. Mix them together with the other components when your machine indicates otherwise.
- We recommend choosing a light crust setting so the cake isn’t too dry.
- Serve warm with your favorite fruits or even ice cream.
Wrapping up with baking cakes in a bread maker
We hope that you enjoyed this article about baking cakes in a bread maker and that you give it a shot!
Just like with anything else, it may take a few tries to get it right, but once you get your cake the way you like it, it’s worth it knowing that you can bake a cake and know all of the ingredients that go inside of it!