How to Make Top Notch Pizza Dough in a Bread Machine
If you don’t have a top rated bread machine, you might want to consider investing in one after we share with you our bread machine pizza dough.
Our recipe does the kneading for you; all you have to do is sit down and wait.
This recipe will give you a pizza that is 12 inches in size. We will also include some variations on the pizza at the end for those who love adding different flavors.
Bread Machine Pizza Dough
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 ½ tablespoon oil (olive oil or vegetable oil)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 ¾ cups breaded flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon active dry yeast
- Mix the ingredients in the order they are listed in the bread machine manual.
- Chose the dough cycle in your bread machine to make dough for bread.
- The bread machine will let you know when the dough is done.
- Take the dough out. Shape it into circles by rolling it in a pizza pan. Make sure that they are even by using a ruler.
- Using a brush, lightly oil the round dough.
- Leave the dough to rise for about 15 minutes. This will make it develop more, which can give it better flavor.
- You can put tomato sauce or any other sauce you want on top of your pizza.
- The oven temperature should be 400 degrees Fahrenheit to cook the pizza in about 30 minutes.
- Serve hot!
How to Freeze Pizza Dough
If you want to freeze your pizza dough, you will need to follow these steps.
- Allow the dough to rise in your bread machine.
- Roll the dough until it is round in shape.
- Brush with some vegetable oil or olive oil
- Place the dough in a freezer bag to freeze it.
- This bag should be sealed after the air is sucked out. This dough will have a shelf life of 3 months or more.
- After you have stored them for some time, you need to defrost them.
- Remove the dough from the freezer and place it in the refrigerator to defrost.
- The dough will take at least 12 hours to defrost. It is best to leave it overnight.
- Remove the dough from the freezer bag and let it thaw at room temperature for 30-40 minutes.
- Now, you can begin to bake your pizza dough again.
How to Freeze Homemade Pizza That Is Already Prepared
- To bake the pizza dough, you need to preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The baking time should be 4 minutes.
- The pizza dough should be removed when they look dry but not too brown.
- You can add some toppings to your pizza like cheese, tomato sauce, and shredded butter.
- Wrap them in foil or plastic wrap, then seal them in a freezer bag.
- Store them for 3 months
- To resume baking dough after storing it, bake it for 15 minutes at 450 degrees Fahrenheit in a pizza pan.
- Remove the crust when it is brown or when the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Pizza Recipe Variations
We have some recipes for you that will add flavor to your pizza dough. Try one of these variations and see how you like it.
Basil pizza dough
To make pizza with basil, you need to add about 1-2 teaspoons of the dried leaves to the dry ingredients in the bread pan.
Whole Wheat pizza dough
To make whole wheat pizza dough, simply replace one cup of all-purpose bread flour with one cup of whole wheat flour.
Because of the extra nutrients in whole wheat flour (such as gluten and fiber) compared to refined flour, most people prefer it.
Garlic pizza dough
Add 3 minced and crushed garlic cloves to a pan with some vegetable oil and combine thoroughly. Garlic is a typical component of vegan diets due to its health benefits.
Herb and parmesan pizza dough
Some individuals like a herb bitterness to their pizza. Add one teaspoon of Italian herb or mixed basil leaves and oregano herbs to the dough.
Then add ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated. Before adding them to a bread machine, combine them with your bread flour.
Taco Pizza Dough
You’ll need to eliminate the salt from this recipe if you’re making Taco pizza dough. To the dough, add 2 tablespoons of cornmeal and 1 teaspoon of Taco French seasoning mix.
Serving: 2 pizzas
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)
Fat: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 5 grams
Protein: 1 gram
Dietary fiber: 1 gram
In the recipe, we didn’t say how long the dough cycle takes in a bread machine since they differ with models and the type of yeast employed as well as the size of your dough.
After 90 minutes in most bread machines, you’ll hear a beeping signal to take out the dough.
Wrapping up with how to make pizza dough in a bread machine
The best way to make homemade pizza dough is by using a bread machine and baking it in an oven. You also don’t need any special equipment like a saucepan or rolling pin.
A bread machine can be purchased for less than $100, but you can save money by making your own pizza at home instead of buying those expensive pizzas from take-out shops.
Even for novices, making pizza dough in a bread machine is straightforward. Pizza can be eaten with any meal at any point throughout the day.
If you want to add something unique to your pizza platter, we’ve got some ideas for you.
Best of all, the dough can be customized to any special diet. You can make the whole wheat dough, protein dough, low-carb dough, or even Gluten Free dough.
When eating pizza, you may add as many spices as you like to improve the flavor. Choose your favorite from among the numerous spices available to enhance the taste of your pizza.
Try out this bread machine pizza dough recipe and let us know how it turns out for you.